By TODD STACY, Alabama Daily News
Federal candidates reported end-of-the-year fundraising numbers Friday.
Reports showed longtime Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Tuscaloosa, with almost $10 million and new Sen. Doug Jones, D-Birmingham, with just over $2 million.
South Alabama Rep. Bradley Byrne, R-Mobile, who is considering challenging Jones for Senate in 2020, showed a healthy $1 million cash on hand. Rep. Terri Sewell, D-Selma, led the House delegation with more than $1.5 million cash on hand.
End-of-year Cash on Hand
- Sen. Richard Shelby – $9,841,582
- Sen. Doug Jones – $2,131,165
- Rep. Bradley Byrne – $1,074,725
- Rep. Martha Roby – $341,683
- Rep. Mike Rogers – $527,686
- Rep. Robert Aderholt – $715,678
- Rep. Mo Brooks – $692,181
- Rep. Gary Palmer – $372,551
- Rep. Terri Sewell – $1,571,272