By MARY SELL, Alabama Daily News
The Alabama Association of Realtors’ political action committee this week made its endorsements in the March 3 primaries.
“The real estate industry and Alabama’s economy are dependent upon each other to remain healthy and thriving,” Forrest Meadows, the PAC’s trustees chair, said in a written statement. “We look for candidates who understand the relationship between the two, and share the Realtor vision of protecting private property owners against harmful legislation and fighting for policies that will aid in the development of prosperous communities and businesses across the state.”
The association endorsed:
For the Alabama Public Service Commission:
- President: Twinkle Cavanaugh
For the Alabama Supreme Court:
- Place 2 Associate Justice: Brad Mendheim
For the Alabama Civil Court of Appeals:
- Place 1 Judge: Bill Thompson
- Place 2 Judge: Matt Fridy
For the Alabama Criminal Court of Appeals:
- Place 1 Judge: Mary Windom
- Place 2 Judge: Beth Kellum
“We feel strongly that these candidates will work hard to ensure private property rights remain a top priority and support efforts for economic growth and homeownership in Alabama,” Jeremy Walker, Alabama Realtors chief executive officer, said in the written statement.
The Alabama Association of Realtors is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals with more than 16,000 members from 25 boards and 1,200 real estate companies.
Meanwhile, the National Association of Realtors Political Action Committee announced who it will be supporting for the U.S. House of Representatives races. They are:
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 1: Chris Pringle;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 2: Jeff Coleman;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 3: Mike Rogers;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 4: Robert Aderholt;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 5: Mo Brooks;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 6: Gary Palmer;
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 7: Terri Sewell.